... and visits permanent Representatives / transport attachés of several countries (SE, RO, NL, LU, ES, LV, DK, UK, ….)
ERFA Secretary General Pierre TONON and his Deputy Julia LAMB are visiting together Member States to explain them the urgency to develop Council positions on all legislative proposals of the 4th RP to finally start the trilogue with the new Parliament and new Commission and to reach an adoption of the package no later than end 2015! The ERFA message is known and confirmed:
- We need an adoption of the full package to finalise the legislative process leading to the SERA > no more need at all of an additional 5th RP!
- A political agreement on the technical pillar is waited under the Greek Presidency.
- The governance and open-access legislative proposal has to be managed under the Italian Presidency.
- The ERFA Members, Entrepreneurs and market-openers are continuing to strongly request a fair and competitive playing field where co-exist and collaborate historic and dominant operators with new entrants and private ones.
- To guarantee it, the independence of the IM (decision power and management of all the functions) has to be assured which needs to strongly re-assess the Parliament position of last 26 February
- The ENIM and the Coordination Committees are a good start to be aligned with the corridors management and targets
- To build an efficient SERA, the strategic role of the Member States has to be re-enforced and respected by their too dominant historic operators still too much opposed on a real and fair full opening of the market!