François Coart and Pierre Tonon met 12 MEPs and Rapporteurs from several countries and political groups. They were informed of new amendments circulating among the MEPs totally endangering the reached compromises in last December. What will happen will depend on respective position of the Rapporteurs, the political groups, the leading countries and of dominant stakeholders … !
What is crucial for ERFA is to keep:
· as best as possible in plenary the TRAN Committee compromises results
· unchanged the content of the technical pillar with clear ERA empowerment towards NSAs and link it to the independence and European network of IMs
· the full independence of the IMs with ALL functions
· VIU (Vertically Integrated Undertakings) BUT with strong Chinese walls
· the package as a whole
· the call of tenders for PSO and PSC
· the EC watch dog role and the increased role of Regulators in the processes
Becoming well informed of the dangerous amendments, ERFA will be once more obliged to write and request the highest attention to ALL MEPs, the TRAN Committee, the Commission, the Council Presidency!